The search for the perfect mascara that lengthens, curls and adds gorgeous volume seems to be endless.
Basically there are 3 types of mascaras:
Lengthening mascaras have dense bristles that allow you to get more mascara on your lashes & especially on the tips of your lashes. Lancome Definicil is one.
Thickening mascara is when you want to add bulk to your lashes. These products contain a thicker formula of waxes and silicones polymers that coat lashes and make them appear bulkier. Christian Dior Diorshow is one.
Waterproof mascaras contain special synthetic formulas meant to repel moisture. These can be harsh on your lashes. Maybelline Lash Discovery is one.
These are the most popular mascaras as per elle.com:
- Dior Show - Gives each lash just the right amount of volume and separation
- Maybelline Great Lash - Glides on easily and never clumps for beautiful lashes that don't seem fake
- Benefit Bad Gal Lash - The enormous wand covers each lash with just one swipe creating an instant false eyelash look
- Lancome Definicil - Mascara goes on flake-free and defines and extends for a clean natural look.
- Loreal Paris Volume Shocking - Dual sides mascara lengthens and the other side thickens and darkens which makes the shortest lashes gorgeous. (Click on this link! You will love what you see!)
I have tried all of them and have liked the results. It's obviously a matter of personal taste. My personal favorite is Benefit Bad Gal Lash. I recently purchased Courbe Virtuose - Divine lasting curves Mascara from Lancome. I will let you know how I like it.
Check out 15 mascara tips and tricks at beauty.com.
"andrea nicole baker"