1. A workable Lolita wardrobe. Whatever this means to you, either a couple mix and matchable outfits, or a whole walk in closet filled with frills.
It has taken awhile but I now have a lovely collection of dresses, skirts, blouses. Love to see all the frills when I walk into my closet.
2. At least one petticoat! To achieve the perfect poof. Have 3 petticoats! 2 White and 1 black!
3. A good mascara, to create a dolly-eyed look. I love mascara. I try a new one every 4 months.
4. A Livejournal so you can watch and comment on EGL. Yes, but we have really left that behind and are now using Facebook.
5. A feedback page for the egl_comm_sales so you can sell off what you don't wear when it comes time for closet cleaning and buy some cheap second-hand pieces to fill the void! Not Yet, but soon.
6. A favorite style, even if you can never stick to just one! Sweet Lolita!
7. A dream dress, either hanging up in your closet or one that you can dream of one day owning.
It's on order. Shhhh. It is a secret!
8. A favorite shopping service, so you're ready when your dream dress goes up for sale on a Japanese auction site. My Shopping service is called Amber!
9. At least one piece of brand, even if it's just a headbow or a tote bag, it's always nice to have something that was made by one of the people who popularized the style you love so much. I have a couple of brand dresses (Megan Maude)
10. A winter coat with enough flare to fit over your skirts and not squish it (if you live somewhere cold enough!). Need to get one for next winter!
11. A frilly "house dress" for when you want to wear some frills but you don't feel like going anywhere. Yes!!
12. A collection of Gothic & Lolita Bibles, so you can ooh and aah over all the pretty clothes. Scans are just as good as the real thing, but scans don't come with stickers and patterns! I love browsing through my collection of G&L Bibles. Wish the English version was still being published.
13. A Malice Mizer album because, let's face it, whether we like it or not, Mana is Lord of the Lolitas. Not Yet!
14. A mix CD of songs that remind you of Lolita, so you have something to put on while you get ready for meetups, to add a little bit of extra loli-ness to your day. Most Definitely and very girly girl!
15. A copy of Kamakazi Girls. The manga, the movie, or the book, it doesn't matter! Even if you don't care for it, you should at least know who Momoko is. I have the DVD. Love watching it over and over.
16. A Lolita blouse or cutsew that you can wear with "normal" clothes like a pair of jeans or a nice skirt. For when you have to do something mundane, but don't want to leave all the frills at home! Yes, in pink and white
17. A dress that's not your normal style at all. Maybe it's a super sweet print in a closet full of Gothic dresses, or a Punk Lolita piece in a closet full of Sweet dresses. Something to work on. A Punk piece would be so much fun!
18. A parasol to keep the sun out of your eyes. Need it for summer here in Atlanta.
19. A Tide To Go pen, just in case you spill something! YES!
20. Something you made yourself. A necklace, some sock toppers, a hair bow, or even a whole dress. Hmmmm. Have to do that sooner or later!
21. An elegant local place that you could have an impromptu meetup, just in case you find another Lolita in the area. My new place is perfect for the girls to just come over for a visit.
22. A pair of comfortable but cute shoes, for days when you're all dressed up but know you're going to be walking a lot. Yes - and they are so cute!
23. A pair of boots or even cute rain boots, for when the weather is less than nice but you still need to wear Lolita. Time to buy a pair of Lolita boots!
24. A pair of wrist cuffs, to wear in the summer with short sleeves, and to wear in the cooler months with long sleeves to add a little extra ruffle to them. Or even to wear as sock toppers when you need to! Yes!
25. A pair of fluffy and cute slippers, so you don't get the bottoms of your socks dirty while getting ready or walking around the house. Yes!
26. A piece of clothing/accessory that always manages to impress people. Maybe it's a perfectly styled wig, a rare print, a unique hand made piece, or something over-the-top extravagant. My Juicy charm bracelet!
27. An elegant place to relax after a day of wearing all the layers and frills of Lolita. Cafe Intermezzo.
28. A tube of sock glue, for that pair of socks that you can never get to stay up. Not a problem.
29. A favorite color or motif so you can get excited when designers release something featuring it. Pink and more pink.
30. A story you can share whenever people ask you "How did you first discover Lolita?" My first meetup!
Andrea Nicole Baker