Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Searching for the perfect mascara

I've blogged about so many different mascaras that I have used that I have lost count. I has been fun, though to try different products. This is the plain truth according to Allure magazine:

Fat brushes (like lancome's Hypnose) create voluptuous lashes. Skinny brushes (like Lancome's Defencils) will coat each lash perfectly without clumping or adding much volume. Curved wands will help curl lashes. I have used each of these types of mascaras separately. I have also used them together!

When you want lots of volume in your lashes you go for mascaras that are describe as thickening. The products coat the lashes and make them appear bulkier. Christian Dior's DIORSHOW is one of these. I've used variations of DiorShow and have been very pleased with the results.

Non-clumping mascaras have longer wands which allow for a more even application. I get a bit frustrated with these because I'm trying to get more volume. That's a mistake. Lancome's  Defencils is a great choice. Just don't expect it to do more than advertised.

Waterproof mascara contain synthetics formulas to repel moisture. These can be really harsh on one's lashes. So I don't use them at all.

For a very exotic look I will start with a non-clumping mascara to coat each individual lash, then use a thickening mascara on the lashes at the far edge of my eyes. Followed by a curves wand mascara to add some extra curl. That's a lot of mascara.

Another alternative is a sexy pair of false eyelashes with an added touch of curling mascara.

Love
Andrea Nicole Baker

No comments: