Thursday, January 2, 2014

Frozen

I've seen the new Disney Movie Frozen 3 times now (and counting). It has become my favorite Disney movie of all time.  I'm not going to write a review here but give you a link to my favorite review.
Frozen is Disney's triumphant reaffirmation of its cultural legacy.
I wish Walt could have seen it. But maybe he has!

To me this says it all: (Thanks, Dalin)
"Equally one part a love letter and another a modern upgrade, Frozen is what all “princesses” in 2013 should strive to be. It features refreshing positive messages of female empowerment, that an act of love doesn’t require a kiss, and that one should be proud of their differences regardless of who they are. And in the times that we all are living within today, I think we can and should embrace those messages."

The gorgeous animation, original and catchy songs, cutesy comedy and the emotional highs make this so very special. I cried when I saw it the first time and still do the next. I have seen it in 3D twice (well worth it) and 2D once. (I just pre-ordered the DVD and Digital copy).

"Let it Go" (Elsa's theme song) is very powerful and touches me deeply. Watch the music video from the movie!


Let it go, let it go

Can't hold it back any more
Let it go, let it go
Turn my back and slam the door
And here I stand
And here I'll stay


A few things to notice in the movie


Welcome to Arendelle: Elsa's coronation draws guests from far away lands - See Flynn Rider and Rapunzel from Tangled.



A small Mickey Mouse plush sits on one of the lower shelves in Wandering Oaken's Trading Post and Sauna.

At the end of the day, Disney is defined by their iconic female-centric fairy tale adventures and the terrific songs that hold them together. That’s not the only thing a Disney animated film can be, but it’s what separates Disney from Pixar, Dreamworks, and and all the rest. Frozen is both a declaration of  Disney’s renewed cultural relevance and a reaffirmation of Disney coming to terms with its own legacy and its own identity. It’s also a just plain terrific bit of family entertainment.  -  See complete review.


Let It Go!
Love
Andrea Nicole Baker

No comments: