Sunday, November 22, 2015

Ten Chimneys visit

A week ago (Nov 14) I finally took the opportunity. during my Milwaukee visit, to do a tour of Ten Chimneys.   Ten Chimneys is the home of Broadway actors Lynn Fontanne and Alfred Lunt. Ten Chimneys is located in Genesee Depot, Town of Genesee, in Waukesha County, WisconsinUnited States.[3]

Being a theater fan and historian I have know about the Lunts for years. Even been to the Lunt-Fontanne Theater in New York. I remember going there to see "The Little Mermaid" many years ago.

The full Estate tour was amazing.It includes the three-story main house, the rustic studio, the cottage, gardens and the exteriors of the poorhouse, greenhouse and creamery.  The main house was the highlight.  I could really feel their presence as we visited each room. Loved the dining room, the Helen Hayes and Noel Coward rooms. An amazing historical experience. Hoping to go back for a visit next spring.







Love
Andrea Nicole Baker







No comments: