Saturday, December 12, 2015

ILD, DFT and WDW

Lolitas sure use a lot of acronyms! Truth! Last weekend was a trip to Orlando for International Lolita Day (ILD) at the Dream Fantasy Theater con and also the opportunity to have some fun a Walt Disney World.

I arrived at WDW on Thursday evening and checked into my room at the Pop Century resort. It's a budget resort that I have stayed at many times. Good prices, convenient and fun. A perfect place for one or two people in a room.  Went to Disney Springs for an evening of shopping, browsing and dinner.  The changes to the old "Downtown Disney" are amazing.

Friday was Hollywood Studios day. I'll post a separate piece with lots more photos. But here is one of my favorites. Me and Santa Goofy,


Saturday was a Full day at Dream Fantasy Theatre. There were about 60-70 Lolitas in attendance. It was held at the Castle Hotel Orlando. A beautiful location. The highlight of the day were the two fashion shows. The Indie Designer and the brand fashion shows.  Enjoy the Video.
The boutique was filled with lots of interesting things from dresses to accessories.  Yes, I purchased a few blouses and jewelry and ordered a new dress.



Sunday was the formal Tea.  Another great Video. The food and company were awesome. I even won a raffle prize of a BTSSB mini-handbag.

I was happy to support DFT when (18 months ago) they announced the event. I bought a VIP ticket. It;s so important to support local (in this case Southeast US) events. It;s more than just a casual meeting up for a few hours. It's  wonderful opportunity to socialize and also meet and make new friends. To me that is well worth the price of admission. Hope it is held again next year.

Monday was a fun day at the Magic Kingdom. A girl can't have enough magical days there. Especially a magical Lolita princess. I had an amazing adventure with Pluto. Here is one picture. I'll be blogging the entire adventure soon,



Love
Andrea Nicole Baker





No comments: